Making an Appointment
Your pediatrician, primary care or other physician should refer your child to our clinic and schedule an appointment. Routine appointments are generally scheduled within 2 to 4 weeks of the request. Attempts are made to schedule all routine and urgent appointments in a timely fashion.
When going for an appointment with a member of the UNC medical team, it is always helpful for the patient to take the following:
- UNC medical record card (for patients coming for a first time visit, the clinic will direct you where to go to get a UNC card)
- Health insurance information
- Medical records (or arrange for the physician seen previously to send us the records in advance of your appointment) and any other materials (such as x-rays) that might be important for your child's evaluation
If this is your child’s first visit to a UNC clinic, you should call and pre-register at (919) 966-2225 or (800) 634-8020. Pre-registration will ensure that your child has an assigned patient number before clinic and will prevent unnecessary delays.
Clinic Hours and Contact Information
If an appointment has been scheduled for your child and you have questions or need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, you may contact the following:
- Pediatric Nephrology Clinic
This clinic is held Tuesdays, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
New patients: (919) 843-7241
Established patients: (919) 966-4615
- The referring physician’s office must call to schedule all new patient evaluations. Self-referrals are not accepted.
- A letter of referral along with pertinent information should be sent prior to the clinic visit or should accompany the patient at the time of the clinic visit.