About UNC Neurosurgery
UNC’s Pediatric Neurosurgery combines its resources as an academic medical institution with the family-centered care of a private practice.
Why families choose us:
- We use minimally-invasive techniques whenever possible.
- To help achieve the best outcome, our board-certified neurosurgeon works with a multi-disciplinary team of pediatric experts to develop a comprehensive treatment plan for your child. Each specialist pulls from their own knowledge base for a more complete understanding of your child’s condition.
- Providing compassionate care is one of our top priorities at UNC Pediatric Neurosurgery, and we offer a personalized, family-centered approach to treatment. We recognize and respect the importance of the family as part of the health care team.
- We offer a robust clinical infrastructure to support your child’s care. Our nurse practitioners and nursing staff are highly skilled and specially trained to care for pediatric neurosurgery patients.
- We work closely with your child’s pediatrician to ensure the continuity of care at home. Also, we offer monthly clinics in Pinehurst, Rocky Mount and Wilmington in addition to our primary location in Chapel Hill.
- We are one of only five ACS-verified pediatric trauma centers in the entire Southeast and the only one in the Triangle area. There are just 40 such centers across the country. We are also the only North Carolina hospital offering fetal surgery.
Please contact us if you would like to make a referral or schedule an appointment.