UNC Adolescent Medicine Clinic
This clinic provides specialized services to adolescents and young adults. We provide holistic health care for adolescents through young adults, ages 10 to 23. Choose us for a wide range of services, including:
- Nutrition counseling and weight management
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) evaluation and treatment
- Mental health services, including treatment for anxiety and depression
- Gynecological care
- Contraceptive management, including Nexplanon (implantable birth control) placement
- Diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Transitioning from a pediatric to an adult primary care provider
Visit Making an Appointment for clinic locations and appointment details.
Our providers work closely with the Self-management and Transition to Adulthood with Rx=treatment (STARx) Program, which was developed in 2006 to and improve self-management skills and disease knowledge among adolescents and young adults with chronic health conditions. Program details as well as assessment tools and the TRxANSITION Index (provider verified) can be found https://www.med.unc.edu/transition/
We provide psychiatric and behavioral services in a combined child psychiatry-pediatrics visit. We have numerous providers who work in Raleigh and Chapel Hill.
Adolescent Mental Health Parenting Program for Child-Adult Relationship Enhancement (AMP-CARE)
This is a 6-session, group positive parenting intervention designed to strengthen parent-adolescent relationships and educate parents about normal adolescent development and behavior and early recognition of mental health concerns in adolescents. This manualized skill-based program is delivered in the primary care setting by two licensed clinical social workers during 6 weekly 90-minute sessions to groups of 6-10 parents of adolescents, aged 11-14 years old.