Making an Appointment
Your primary care physician should refer your child to our clinics and likely will schedule the appointment for your child to be seen at our clinics.
When going for an appointment with a member of the UNC medical team, it is always helpful for the patient to take the following:
- UNC medical record card (for patients coming for a first time visit, the clinic will direct you where to go to get a UNC card)
- Health insurance information
- Medical records (or arrange for the physician seen previously to send us the records in advance of your appointment) and any other materials (such as x-rays) that might be important for your child's evaluation.
Clinic Hours and Contact Information
If an appointment has been scheduled for your child, and you have questions or need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, you may contact the following:
In Chapel Hill
Pediatric Pulmonology Clinic Appointments, (984) 974-1401
This clinic is held Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology has clinics at the N.C. Children's Specialty Clinics, A Service of UNC Hospitals on the Rex Healthcare campus in Raleigh, Tuesday through Friday. If you would prefer to be seen in Raleigh, you may request so when you schedule your visit via the main appointment line at (984) 974-1401.
For established patients, our pediatric pulmonology staff can be reached through our division's main office, (919) 966-1055, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
If this is your child’s first visit to a UNC clinic, you should pre-register at (984) 974-1401. Pre-registration will ensure that your child has an assigned patient number before clinic and will prevent unnecessary delays.
Pulmonology procedures are scheduled after patients are seen for initial clinic evaluation. Directions and complete instructions are provided at the time the procedure is scheduled. For questions about particular procedures, please contact the following:
- Bronchoscopy - Kathy Abode, RN, (919) 843-1568
- Infant and preschool lung function - Robin Johnson, RCP, (919) 843-1752.
- Sleep Studies – Sleep Disorders Lab, (919) 966-7933