UNC Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center at Hillsborough
Clinical Dermatology in Hillsborough, NC
At our UNC Dermatology clinical locations, we are committed to providing the people of North Carolina with the best dermatological care for a wide variety of skin conditions. Here in our Hillsborough office, you will be evaluated by a team of skillful clinicians.
How to Make an Appointment
Both self-referrals and physician referrals are accepted. In either case, call 984-974-3900 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, for scheduling. If it is deemed critical to be seen and the office is closed, patients can call UNC HealthLink at 919-966-7890 or the main UNC Hospitals operator at 984-974-1000 and ask for the on-call dermatologist.
What to Bring to the UNC Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center at Hillsborough, NC
Help your visit go as smoothly and quickly as possible by bringing:
• Insurance card and any authorization required by your insurance company
• List of your current medications, including over-the-counter medications
• Your UNC medical record number
• Payment required upon services received
• A list of questions and concerns to discuss with your provider
If you cannot keep an appointment for any reason or have any questions about your appointment, please call 984-974-3900.
How to Pay for Your Hillsborough Dermatologist Visit
You may pay using cash, check or credit card. Insurance co-pays are due at the time of your visit. We accept most major insurance providers. Call your insurance provider to verify coverage.
Excellent Care for Skin Issues
Visit the UNC Dermatology and Skin Care Center at Hillsborough for skin conditions such as:
• Actinic Keratosis – sun-damaged skin
• Adult Dermatology
• Autoimmune Disorders
• Complex Medical Dermatology
• Contact Dermatitis
• Cutaneous Lymphoma
• Dermatologic Surgery
• Excessive sweating
• Fungal infections
• Hair Disorders
• Hair loss
• Hidradenitis Suppurativa & Follicular Disorders
• High Risk Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
• Lichen Planus
• Nail disorders
• Onychomycosis - fungal infection of nails
• Oral Mucosal Diseases
• Pediatric Dermatology
• Pigmented Lesion
• Skin cancers
• Urticaria (Hives)
• Warts Services Offered
The UNC Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center is an academic medical practice providing our patients with a full range of dermatology services for skin and skin-related diseases for adults and children. We offer the latest in technology, treatment options and diagnostic services. Our clinical team includes physicians involved in skin-related research and clinical trials. UNC Dermatology also has a dedicated dermatopathology facility.
To schedule an appointment call 984-974-3900.
Directions to Hillsborough Office (460 Waterstone Dr, Hillsborough, NC 27278)
From East (Henderson, Creedmoor, Durham):
- Take I85 West until exit 165 to NC86 towards Hillsborough
- Turn right on Waterstone Drive, and your destination will be on your left.
From West (Greensoboro, Burlington, Mebane):
- Take I40 East and stay on I40 until exit 261 towards Hillsborough
- Keep right at the fork and go straight onto Old Chapel Hill Hillsborough Road - Turn right onto Waterstone Drive, and destination will be on the right.
From South (Sanford, Pittsboro, Chapel Hill):
- Take 15/501 N to NC-54 W in Chapel Hill
- Turn right on Hillsborough Road and continue until it turns into Old NC 86
- Turn right onto Waterstone Drive and destination is on the right.
From North (Roxboro, Timberlake, Rougemont):
- Take NC57 S
- Turn left onto NC-86 S
- Continue onto S Churton St/Old NC86
- Turn left onto Waterstone Drive, and destination is on the right.
Visit Our UNC Medical Center Site!