The Sigma Sigma Sigma Foundation's Robbie Page Play Atrium
The Play Atrium, located on the seventh floor of N.C. Children’s Hospital, is a large, open play space filled with natural light. It contains a variety of games, toys, and activities for all ages. The Play Atrium is supervised by staff at all times.
Features of the Play Atrium:
- Relaxing environment where children are safe from medical procedures
- Kidzpace game system with three video game stations
- Board games, puzzles, arts & crafts
- Boom-A-Rang air hockey table
Hours of operation:
Monday-Friday: 11 a.m. – noon, 2 - 4 p.m., 6 - 7 p.m.
Saturday- Sunday: 2 – 4 p.m.
General Rules and Requirements:
- The Play Atrium is open to pediatric patients of all ages.
- Siblings, family and friends of pediatric patients are welcome to join patients in the Play Atrium.
- All visitors under 18 years of age must obtain a blue clearance sticker from the nurse’s station of the patient you are visiting.
- Patients must have a green Off Unit sticker before leaving the floor.
- Parents and other adult visitors must have a visitor’s pass obtained from the Main Lobby, or ground floor of the hospital.
- Child Life can provide resources for in-room play for patients on contact, enteric, airborne, and/or droplet precautions.
- Due to possible transmission, visitors of patients on contact, enteric, airborne, or droplet precautions CANNOT visit the Play Atrium.