First Time User? Sign Up Now
First Time User? Enroll now.
Home > Patients & Families > Kohl's Cares Safe Kids and Strong Families > Parenting Tips
Downloadable safety tips from the Kohl's Safe Kids, Strong Families program.
1. Benefits of play (PDF)
2. Suggested toys for connecting with children (PDF)
3. Setting up one-on-one playtime (PDF)
4. Picture of normal brain activity (PDF)
5. Picture of brain activity (PDF)
6. The impact of negative stress (PDF)
7. Resilience and recovery (PDF)
8. Stress management skills (PDF)
9. What to avoid when following the child's lead (PDF)
10 The 3 Ps - what to do when following the child's lead (PDF)
11. Behavior that can't be ignored (PDF)
12. Strategic ignoring (PDF)
13. Positive opposites (praise) (PDF)
14. Giving good commands (PDF)
15. Positive opposites (commands) (PDF)
16. Following through with commands (PDF)
17. Determining noncompliance vs compliance (PDF)
Meet Our Team
At UNC Children’s and N.C. Children’s Hospital, you’ll find friendly, compassionate staff who are experts at working with children and families. We’ll do our best to ease your anxiety, help you understand your child’s medical condition so you can make informed choices about their care, and offer whatever additional support you need. You can help make your experience go as smoothly as possible by exploring our patients and visitors section to learn about:
Find pediatric endocrinology care close to home. We offer services at two convenient locations in the Triangle:
To contact the hospital switchboard, please call 984-974-1000.
N.C. Children's Hospital
101 Manning Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
UNC Department of Pediatrics
Medical Foundation of North Carolina
Copyright 2019 UNC Health Care. All rights reserved.